Priestley's research interests cover the areas of asset pricing,
dividend policy, and international financial
His research has been published in the Journal of Finance,
Journal of Financial Economics, Review of Financial Studies, Journal of
Business, Economic Journal, Journal of Financial and Quantitative
Analysis, Management Science, Journal of Empirical Finance, Review of Finance,
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Economics Letters and the Journal of International Money and Finance,
His Journal of Business article "EMU and European Stock Market Integration" is the 69th most cited paper in finance.
In addition to BI, he has been a visiting Professor at
Manchester Business School, University of Manchester, and at
the ISMA Centre at the University of Reading. He has consulted on cost of capital calculations, investment strategies, investment performance, and asset
allocation issues for various corporations and institutions.
- Cooper, Ilan; Priestley, RichardThe Expected Returns and Valuation of Private and Public Firms, . Journal of Financial Economics 2016. Vol 120(1) p. 41-57
- Online Appendix to : Cooper, Ilan; Priestley, RichardThe Expected Returns and Valuation of Private and Public Firms.
- Gomez, Juan Pedro; Priestley, Richard; Zapatero, Fernando. Labor Income, Relative Wealth Concerns, and the Cross-Section of Stock Returns. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis 2016. Vol. 51 p. 1111-1133
- Cooper, Ilan; Priestley, Richard. The World Business Cycle and Expected Returns. Review of Finance 2013. Vol, 17.(3) p. 1029-1064
- Chen, Long; Da, Zhi; Priestley, Richard. Dividend Smoothing and Predictability. Management Science 2012. Vol, 58.(10) p. 1834-1853
- Garrett, Ian; Priestley, Richard. Dividend Growth, Cash Flow and Discount Rate News. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis 2012. Vol, 47.(5) p. 1003-1028
- Cooper, Ilan; Priestley, Richard. Real Investment and Risk Dynamics. Journal of Financial Economics 2011. Vol, 101.(1) p. 182-205
- Gómez, Juan-Pedro; Priestley, Richard; Zapatero, Fernando. Implications of Keeping-Up-with-the-Joneses Behavior for the Equilibrium Cross Section of Stock Returns: International Evidence. Journal of Finance 2009. Vol, 64.(6) p. 2703-273
- Cooper, Ilan; Priestley, Richard. Time-Varying Risk Premiums and the Output Gap. Review of Financial Studies 2009. Vol, 22.(7) p. 2801-2833
- Hardouvelis, G.A.; Malliaropulos, D.; Priestley, Richard. EMU and European stock market integration. Journal of Business 2006. Vol, 79.(1) p. 365-392
69th most cited paper in finance (source: Keloharju "What's new in finance" European Financial Management)
- Garrett, Ian; Priestley, Richard. Dividend Behaviour and Dividend Signaling. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis 2000. Vol, 35.(2) p. 173-189
- Anatasov, Victoria; Muller, Stig; Priestley, Richard Consumption Fluctuations and Expected Returns. Conditionally Accepted Journal of Finance
- Priestley, Richard Short Interest, Macroeconomic Variables and Aggregate Stock Returns.
- Cooper, Ilan; Mitrache, Andreea; Priestley, Richard A Global Macroeconomic Risk Model for Value, Momentum and Other Asset Classes.
- Cooper, Ilan; Mitrache, Andreea; Priestley, Richard; Junhua Zhong The Factor Structure of Time-Varying Discount Rates.