Dr Bjønnes is primarily interested in Market Microstructure, Fixed Income, Treasury Auctions and International Finance. His current research focuses on (i) dealer behavior in foreign exchange markets, (ii) the behavior and determination of exchange rates and its relationship to aggregate order flow, (iii) volatility and speculative attacks in foreign exchange markets, and (iv) bidder behavior in Treasury auctions.
- "The Cost of FX Liquidity: Empirical Tests of Competing Theories"
with Neophytos Kathitziotis and Carol Osler.
- "Sources of Information Advantage in the Foreign Exchange Market"
with Carol Osler and Dagfinn Rime.
- "Higher Order Arbitrage in FX markets"
with Iñaki Rodríguez Longarela.
- "Imperfect Competition in Uniform-Price Auctions"
with Kristin Rydqvist.
- "Models of Financial Return With Time-Varying Zero-Probability"
with Sucarat and Grønneberg.
- "`Large' vs. `Small' Players: A Closer Look at the Dynamics of
with Steinar Holden, Dagfinn Rime and Haakon Solheim. Scandinavian Journal of Economics, vol. 116, issue 2 (April 2014), pp. 506-538.
- "Liquidity provision in the overnight foreign exchange market",
with Dagfinn Rime and Haakon O.Aa. Solheim. Journal of International Money and Finance, vol. 24, issue 2 (March 2005), pp. 177-198.
- "Dealer Behavior and Trading Systems in the Foreign Exchange Market",
with Dagfinn Rime. Journal of Financial Economics, vol. 75, issue 3 (March 2005), pp. 571-605.
- Finansiell Risikostyring
with Pål Korsvold, Cappelen Damm Akademisk, 2012.
- Globale Penger
with Arne Jon Isachsen, Gyldendal, 2004.
with Pål Haugerud, Ad Notam Gyldendal, 1994.