My primary research interests are in international finance, in particular the microstructure of foreign exchange markets. Before moving to BI I worked for the Norges Bank (Central bank of Norway), doing research and giving support to the Market Operation Department. I currently hold a part-time position with Norges Bank.
My papers have been published in journals like J. of Financial Econ., J. of Monetary Econ., J. of Int. Econ., J. of Banking and Finance and J. of Int. Money and Finance.
Recent Working papers
- Segmented Money Markets and Covered Interest Parity Arbitrage, with Andreas Schrimpf and Olav Syrstad. Norges Bank WP 15/2017 LINK
- Exchange Rates, Interest Rates and the Global Carry Trade, with Martin D.D. Evans. Norges Bank WP 14/2017 LINK
- Herding the Scapegoats: Foreign Exchange Order Flow and the Time-Varying Effect of Fundamentals, with Anna Lindahl, Michael Moore, and Ali Shehadeh.
- Sources of Information Advantage in the Foreign Exchange Market, with Geir Bjønnes and Carol Osler.
Recent publications *
- Order Flow Information and Spot Rate Dynamics, with Martin D.D. Evans. Journal of International Money and Finance, 2016
- Carry Trades, Order Flow and the Forward Bias Puzzle, with Francis Breedon and Paolo Vitale. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking 2016.
- The Offshore Renminbi Exchange Rate: Microstructure and Links to the Onshore Market, with Yin-Wong Cheung. Journal of International Money and Finance 2014
- `Large' vs. `Small' Players: A Closer Look at the Dynamics of Speculative Attacks, with Geir Bjønnes, Steinar Holden and Haakon Solheim. Scandinavian Journal of Economics, 2014
- The anatomy of the global FX market through the lens of the 2013 Triennial Survey, with Andreas Schrimpf. BIS Quarterly Review, 2013 Link | VOX-entry
- The market microstructure approach to foreign exchange: Looking back and looking forward, with Michael R. King and Carol L. Osler. Journal of International Money and Finance, 2013